Tuesday 26 July 2011

Day 12: A Song That You Want Played At Your Wedding

mmm well this is tough one for me in all honesty, why? well simply for the fact i believe it's normally the woman that plans all the wedding stuff and the man just turns up says "i do" or whatever they say in Swedish maybe "ja" or some shit... (ooops nearly started writing in swedish there lol).
Or perhaps they don't even say it, either way when it comes to picking a wedding song or just a song being played at the wedding i really have no idea.. I guess my first choice would be.


I mean why not lol? your agreeing to be locked to one person for your entire life, so i guess "Don't Fear The Reaper" in this sense the reaper being your wife would probably be a good choice.

Hahahahah nah ok maybe not?

I guess if i really had to choose a song that i would love to be played it would have to be the classic "3 Doors Down" track "Here Without You" now i know many people will say, but that songs about not being with someone and being lonely and all that, but it was the song that myself and Marie used to play on repeat for many months before we actually moved in together, and it meant alot to us since she was living in Sweden and i was in the UK.

So definetly i think that would have to be my choice, since whenever i am not with Marie which ain't alot i sometimes still to this day five years later love to sit and listen to that song, and just think of the days where the only way we were together was locked inside a computer game.


Not to mention it's an absolutly amazing song! :)

12 comments:

dawn said...

awww isn't that soooooooooooo sweet

The Angry Scot said...

Hahaha not really :)

dawn said...

what a lovely song :)

The Angry Scot said...

What one? Don't Fear The Reaper or Here Without Me lol!!!!

dawn said...

why not I didn't really think you had romantic bone in your body Mwaaah joke by the way I really like the song

The Angry Scot said...

Awwww :( im very romantic lol! not

dawn said...

without me but the don't fear the reaper its old but a GOOD SONG also but not for a first dance at a wedding lol

The Angry Scot said...

haha i think Marie has already choose that song for when we finally tie the not, unfortunatly the only people at the wedding who will understand it is all the swedish ones, since the song is in swedish but its a lovely song :)

dawn said...

why not its going to be your day so its up to you guy's what language the song will be in :)

Bob ButterBottom said...

Be careful friend. If you have to dance to the song, over here we always have a first dance of the bride and groom and its usually a slower song. Check the running time. My wife wanted to dance to an Elton John song and I said fine, but then I looked at the cd case and it was 6 minutes long and I said, no way am I dancing in the middle of the crowd for 6 whole minutes with everyone else just staring at us. So we switched to a jazz number 3 minutes and we were out of there.
cheers

The Angry Scot said...

Hahahahah thats awsome Bob! yea i'll definelty be making sure its under 3 minutes i hate dancing more than anything else in the whole world, mainly cause i have 2 left feet. I can't even dance with Marie when we're just at home.

She has this annoying tendancy to come up to me and start dancing with me and im all like GET AWAY lol!!!

But yea your lucky you checked the lengh, i think standing in front of a crowd for 6 minutes dancing away would have been a tad to long to say the least :)

The Angry Scot said...

oh and Mum, apparently there is a english version of the song which she has chosen so we probably play that one instead.. lucky for me its only 3minutes 26 seconds, i think i might be able to survive dancing like a retard for that long! :)