Monday 23 January 2012

Makes You Think Really.

Last night before heading off to bed i was checking through my Facebook like i always do when i stumbled across something that came as quite a shock if i don't say so, two of my close friends had decided that after a long relationship that it was time to call it a day and move on with there lives and it got me thinking about my very own relationship.

Sure my relationship with my fiancĂ©e Marie is great and we do love each other so much nobody can ever doubt that least of all me, but over the last few years maybe longer i don't know but i have noticed that we live more like friends than we do anything else, Marie also agrees with this because she has often commented on it and i honestly can't reply when she speaks about it because it's just not something i really think about or well i do think about it but when it comes to expressing myself it's not exactly something i am great at doing.
And it just got me thinking, i need to start making more of a effort when it comes to our relationship, don't get me wrong it's not only me that needs to put the work into it she also has to, but i certainly could be doing alot more, like if you take at the beginning or at least the first year of our relationship and i am aware that every relationship has a hunny moon period but we constantly texted each other (Granted i lived in another country), but still we would text how much we loved each other and all sorts of soppy crap that you probably don't want to hear about but over the last 3 maybe 4 years we barely do that at all, and it's not because we don't love each other because we always say it to each other at least a few times a day but i came to realise that i need to say it alot more and make her feel and know that i do.

The way i see it no matter how secure you think your relationship is and how great you think things are they could easily slip away from you or you could end up in a relationship you actually don't want to be in for whatever reason, and this is not something i want to happen so i'm going to try and make a more conscious effort to make sure that at least the woman in my life knows that she means the world to me and that i appreciate her and everything else in between, i want our old relationship back that we had and it's up to me to make it happen.

So just think about it and make sure that your partner knows that he/she is the most special person in your life and never let them forget it. There is always room in the world for a bit of extra love hehe,

But that's enough of the soppy relationship talk, so until next time have a great day!

No comments: