Sunday 7 October 2012

Employed... Well Kind Off!

So the other week I wrote about a surprise that was going to happen, but seeing as nothing was set in stone I didn't actually want to post anything.

Well the surprise finally happened and as you can tell by the title of this post I have now been officially employed by the company that I'm doing my praktikplats (practice place) with.
Or well sort off...

What I have been given is what they call here timanställd (time employed) so basically what this means is that if anyone phones into us sick for that day or whatever then I will be called in to do their job for how ever long they are unable to work.
But seeing as I am still on my praktik this will work slightly different, so basically how it will work up until the 4th December (this is when my praktik with them ends) is that normally I will be a praktikant, and if anyone phones in sick leaving us with to little people, my boss will say to me today you are time employed and for those days i work as an employee I will get paid from them instead of being paid by the government.
This means I will get a lot more money than I am making now and you cannot image how great a feeling that is.

Sure this is not full employment but it is certainly a HUGE step forward to where I was a week ago. Also there is still a good chance that I could get full employment with them but we shall just have to wait and find out.
I mean anything can happen between now and December when my praktik ends.

What was even more great was that my boss came to me and said you are officially from the 1st October time employed with us and then I got to work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as time employed which means ill get 3 days wage from them at the end of November. But what a feeling it was to actually work those 3 days knowing that I was actually doing it for a real wage, this was something I had not experienced in a long time and what can I say it felt great!!

So there you have it! That's my surprise and once more I have to say it feels great. Now I just got to hope that between now an December something happens and I'm able to get full time employment with them.

But that's all I have for this post, I hope everyone else had a great week but until next time.....

7 comments:

mum said...

We are so proud of you Son keep up the good work and things have finally fallen into place :-)

ginavalley said...

That's really exciting! Congratulations!

Carrie said...

Congrats Benj :) x

The Angry Scot said...

Yea lets hope that it continues eh :)

The Angry Scot said...

Thanks Gina! :) Really appreciate it!

The Angry Scot said...

Hehe Thanks Carrie, just hoping that things can continue and i end up with full employment with them :)

Daddy's in Charge? said...

Keep on keeping on bro! Awesome!